Page banner image

Re: Waiting to get wet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allwet on April 08, 2024 at 01:03:01

In Reply to: Re: Waiting to get wet posted by Mr. Anticipation on April 06, 2024 at 23:14:31:

So how did you follow that up? Did you always swim in shirts after that? When did you first swim in pants?

This is a little long, but your experience is somewhat similar to mine. As a young child in Southern California in the early 1960’s I was fascinated seeing others wearing shirts in pools or at the beach, especially how white t-shirts became semi transparent. Occasionally I would see people at the beach swimming in jeans or fully clothed, and even at that age seeing that gave me a certain tingling feeling and even prepubescent boners. I always fantasized about getting wet, so the anticipation was always there. When I was about 7 or 8 I asked my mom if I could take a bath in my white briefs, and to my surprise she said yes, and then I escalated it to briefs and t-shirt, and one time I added socks. Just thinking about it gave me that same tingling feeling. I became obsessed thinking about it. For some reason at that point I never asked to wear a shirt in a pool or at the beach.

Every summer from age 3 to about 8 my parents had me take swimming lessons, and some of the teachers or kids would wear t-shirts, presumably for sunburn, which, unfortunately, was never a problem for me.

I’ve posted this here before, but when I was 7 in 1964 I had these 3/4 length pants we called “surfers”, which were essentially pedal pushers for boys. The were a cotton twill material with tapered legs and short slits in the cuffs. Mine were a golden tan color with white stripes running down the sides. (They must have been a very brief, local fad in California because I have never found anything on them in historical clothing websites or old photos). One day I asked Mom if I could wear them in the pool for my swimming class, and she said OK. So I went in with those and my white briefs. This was my first public experience in non-standard swimwear. A boy in my class asked why I wore my “slacks” in the pool, and I said something like that “I felt like it.” I’m still really proud of that response. I loved the sensation of them swishing against my legs. But for some reason, I only did it that one time.

When I was 9 we were at the beach, and after swimming for a while I asked Mom if I could wear my t-shirt in the water, and again she said yes. I loved the feeling of putting the dry shirt on over my wet skin and the small wet spots it made. It was a white T with red surfing graphics. When I went back into the water, the shirt somehow gave me more confidence to swim in the waves, and I went out further and stayed in longer than I ever had. From then on, I almost always wore a shirt at the beach.

I realized later that I was much too timid about getting wet, and that I could have pushed the limits much further. I learned that my mom and my friends didn’t care! I could have worn more clothes in the water sooner more often than I did. As it was, It would be another four years or so before I found the holy grail of being totally immersed in long pants and a shirt.

To you younger guys here, don’t be afraid to push the limits. Most people don’t care! Just do it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]