Page banner image

The Gunge and Slime Tests

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Twillin on March 01, 2024 at 18:07:22

I have been looking at our archive and found our old slime tests that was originally on Wamworld (Neptunes website). The idea of the test was to try out different types, colour and texture of gunge and how well it would wash off. To make the test fair we used 6 white t shirts one for each type of gunge. I was very happy to be the test dummy and let Neptune pour 6 lots of gunge over me.

GREEN SLIME.
Recipe 1: Green gelatine and lime juice.
For this recipe we mixed the melted lime gelatine with bottled lime juice. It looked quite interesting as it was setting. When we arrived at the secret testing site we warmed the mixture over hot water so that it was partially liquid again. It was quite thin and runny with some wobbly lumps and it was absolutely fun pouring it over my volunteer Twillin. We really needed a lot, lot more of this gooey mixture to get that good slimed effect. I think the photograph says it all. Twillin said "It Smells nice and Tastes good." Now when I tried washing the T-shirt the strangest thing happend! As soon as the T-shirt went into the detergent, the slight yellow coloured stain turned bright red and this proved very difficult to wash out. I think this recipe needs a bit of research.

ORANGE LUMPY GUNGE.
Recipe 2: Baked beans and Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce.
We mixed two tins of spaghetti and two tins of baked beans together in a bowl and then simply added one twillin, This messy mixture actually looked the best, the colour and texture were perfect for the photographs and was clearly the easiest to wash out, I just rinsed the T-shirt in cold water which removed most marks. Twillin said "It Smells ok and would probably taste much better if it wasn't cold" I think this recipe is looking like a winner for the test.

BLACK GUNGE.
Recipe 3: Black Poster Paint.
This item was the most problematic, we had to choose a paint which would be "twillin friendly". We chose children's poster paint as it would probably be least toxic, we also took precautions to stop the paint going into my volunteers eyes. We decided to use just black, but after the test we thought it would have looked better if we had used a lot of different colours. Washing was not a problem either! We just bined the T-shirt after the test, This type of paint did not really smell at all, but it was definitely NOT edible. The cleaning up for this recipe was the most difficult so I think this recipe is for advanced users only...

RED SLIME.
Recipe 4: Strawberry Jam and Stawberry Syrup.
“Twillin, Are you eating my slime again"! We started by mixed two large jars of stawberry jam with two bottles of strawberry flavoured desert syrup to form a very thick red liquid, it poured much better than the previous green slime and stuck like glue! to give a good photographic look. Twillin said that it the best tasting one so far. After washing the T-shirt there was still a faint red stain. I think this was a good recipe which photographed realy well.

YELLOW GUNGE.
Recipe 5: Ready made custard.
We have used custard before as a fun gunge, so this time we bought enough of the cheapest brand of ready made custard to half fill a bucket, we added a small amount of yellow food colouring since the cheap custard was very pale and would not show up in the photographs on such a bright day. The consistency of this recipe was very much like the black paint, but since there were no health risks with this mixture I just poured the whole lot over my volunteers head... I was supprised by how good it actually looked in the photographs. Unfortunatly the custard turned the whole T-shirt a sort of yellow colour.

BLUE LUMPY GUNGE.
Recipe 6: Blue porridge.
We decided to make our blue porridge very thick, so we started by slowly added water to the oats until the mixture was just pourable, we then added a whole bottle of blue coluring but the poridge was looking rather too green so I added a very small amount of black food colouring, which made it look a bit more like the blue we wanted. I sort of poured the lumps over twillin and took the photo's very quickly. My volunteer Twillin said "Yuk! I hate cold poridge", I rinsed the T-shirt in cold water and it looks like the blue colouring has washed out.

Both Twillin and me enjoyed doing these tests. Our conclusions were that the Baked beans and Spaghetti was easiest to wash out, the strawberry jam and syrup tasted the best, so we now need you to tell us which one you think looked the best.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]