Page banner image

Re: mysterious water pipe

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on February 13, 2024 at 10:33:06

In Reply to: mysterious water pipe posted by Zonie on February 12, 2024 at 02:49:25:

I wonder if the pipe you saw is used for fire fighting purposes. Here the local fire departments occasionally check fire hydrants by opening them up and letting water gush out to make sure they are functioning properly - no clogs or broken pipes, proper water pressure and so forth. Perhaps that's what was going on there. Some of our pipes, especially in cities like Portland, are really old and replacing them is quite expensive. In our climate it's not uncommon for pipes to freeze and burst.

I kind of laughed about the golf tournament being delayed by frost, but when I thought about it it does make sense. Frost on grass can be quite slippery, almost as slippery as ice at times. I slipped and fell on wet grass while participating in a mud run a few years back. I crashed and burned and wound up severely tearing a rotator cuff. Plus golfers want conditions to be absolutely perfect when competing in tournaments. And as you said, if you had frost it would have definitely been cold. I expect frost is not common in Scottsdale.

Sounds like the coyotes had made a kill and were inviting their relatives to dinner. We have them here too and they can be unnerving at times.

Hope you get the chance to do more mudding!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]