Page banner image

Browsing on YouTube

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wet Dad on April 19, 2021 at 13:16:53

I was idly browsing on YouTube this morning, not much work to do that was urgent, the kids at school, nice sunny day and the chance to sit in the garden with a mug of coffee and a choccy biscuit in a sheltered sunny spot and enjoy just being outside whilst not feeling chilly, which it seems to have been for ages. I was searching for videos of "muddy fun" to get some ideas for the boys to enjoy that might be different to just mud sliding through puddles on one of our family walks, and came across loads of videos from Holland of school trips (I assume) of kids on a field trip to the mud flats and mud channels. I don't understand Dutch and Google translate came up with nothing except the same word in English for what a lot of the vids were titled, namely "Saeftinghe" so I assume it was the name of the place which looked like some sort of wild-life sanctuary. The kids seem to spend a while examining the flora of the area, then eat their packed lunches before going on a guided tour around the muddy low-water channels that run through the grasslands. Seems they are allowed to get as wet and muddy as they like and all have a great time sliding down the muddy banks and splashing into the water, getting thoroughly covered in mud and soaking wet in their clothes in the process. Most seem to wear sports gear like soccer shorts or trackies with tees but some are dressed in jeans and sweatshirts or even anoraks. It looks like huge fun for a day out of school. Pity there is nothing like it in the UK.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]