Page banner image

Re: When did you first get really muddy.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wilmar on March 14, 2021 at 13:09:15

In Reply to: When did you first get really muddy. posted by Luke on March 12, 2021 at 08:42:56:

Got soaked with water many times as a kid, often for legitimate reasons (biking to school through heavy rains etc).

First time really mud-soaked was when I went ditch jumping after going out with my mates. I think I was 16 or so and we were a little intoxicated so when biking back we took a leak in a ditch and somehow we started daring each other to jump over the ditch. There were some who got their feet wet, but I managed to land exactly in the middle. Not really on purpose, but if you are a little drunk, you don't put in a lot of effort.

A ditch in Holland is usually a little water on top and black mud under the surface. I sank in up to my neck and when I crawled out I was literally covered in black mud. After a few drinks, this was really sobering. I was soaking wet, I smelled like a sewer (rotten eggs) and was covered in slick black liquid mud.

The other guys, of course, found it hilarious.

I was a little cold, but it felt good, with clothes sticky and wet. I walked with at least an inch of wet mud inside my boots, squishing loudly. Only the smell was not that great. Of course I had to pretend I hated being wet and muddy, but it was enjoyable.

I had to ride my bike for at least 25 minutes to get to the friend's house, where I was supposed to crash. That was pretty cold as it wasn't warm outside. I was hosed of in the garden and my clothes were put in the washing machine.

The next morning I had clean clothes. That is, my T-shirt and socks were greyisch. You can never wash the black mud out completely. But everything was dry and didn't smell. I did go home with wet feet as my boots hadn't dried at all and there was even still a layer of muddy water inside. I could have emptied them, but I pretended not to have noticed it, so my dry socks were instantly soaked again. Of course I had to pretend that it sucked, but I also played the bad-ass tough guy who can't be bothered by wet feet. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the soggy walk/bike home. Of course the friend I was staying with, found it hilarious, when he heard the slurping footsteps. His sneakers got wet too the night before, but he had other shoes; I did not.

I still love to wallow around in Dutch ditches, but I still don't enjoy the sometimes horrible smell.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]