Page banner image

Re: Boring Happenings - and Question for All

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Delbert Bean on April 18, 2022 at 02:53:36

In Reply to: Re: Boring Happenings - and Question for All posted by Zonie on April 18, 2022 at 00:00:57:

Clearly, as with everything, there are two sides to this story. I know it is very popular for teenagers to swap clothes and wear each other's things. Of course that has an element of risk - if the clothes get ruined or damaged, stolen or not returned then what happens? Who's fault is it and exactly how did it happen? The truth may never be known.

I take it that this is a relatively new friendship between Kody and Robbie. They are both at fault. First, no kid of mine would ever have a $300 pair of shoes unless they worked for it and bought it themselves. Obviously he has numerous pairs of shoes and I will bet most are pretty expensive and Daddy paid for them all. Sounds like he is not lacking in funds. Secondly I would not allow my kids to swap clothes for this very reason. I would be most upset to learn my kid had loaned an expensive pair of shoes to a friend, especially someone that he had not known very long and that I did not know myself. So I think Kody made a mistake even though it was done innocently enough in an attempt to make a new friend.

Was Robbie wrong to soak the shoes as an April Fool's joke? Definitely. I am sure they dried out just fine, but not everyone appreciates wet clothing the way you and your sons do. I'm pretty sure Kody's dad is not a huge fan of wacky wet. I doubt he will sue you, but am pretty sure he doesn't want Kody and Robbie to be together.

So in my opinion both boys made a mistake. But I was always taught that if and when you borrow something you return it to the owner in the same or better condition than when you borrowed it. You have offered to pay for the shoes. Not much more you can do. Please keep a record of all your emails as proof you did try to contact Kody's dad and put things right in case he does take legal action. As Zonie said, lawyers are expensive, but if this kid has 50 pairs of shoes that cost $300 money doesn't appear to be an object. Maybe all dad really wants is an explanation and apology from Robbie.

Hope it all turns out ok. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]