Page banner image

Re: Wet in water attractions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wet Dude on February 10, 2022 at 16:55:13

In Reply to: Wet in water attractions posted by WhiteNoise on February 05, 2022 at 10:42:45:

First of all one of the bigest hate of theme parks is the high entry cost then spend hours in long Q lines to get on a ride.

1999 – 2005 I had an annual pass to Thorpe Park and Chessington World of Adventures that me would visit every few weeks and a visit to Alton Towers for a few days each year. With so many visits to Thorpe Park and Chessington I quickly got to know the best way to make the most out of my visits. I would have on one of my football kits on a hot day or with trackys on top on colder days.

Thorpe Park:
N51 24 319 W0 30 708

At the top of my list of wet rides is Tidal Wave.
Open 2000
Ride Type Shoot the Chute

When the boat gets to the bottom of the ramp you get a large wall of water drenching everyone in the boat and peeps standing on the viewing bridge. When all 3 boats are operating you can get a bonus drenching as one boat is held just outside the station and one of the other boats hits the water you get solked again. When all the rides have large Q lines the vewing bridge is a great spot to just watch the wall of water hit you and get drenched again and again as each boat goes down the ramp and watch the reactions of the peeps on the boat.

At the time Thorpe Park had a working farm at the far end of the lake. You could get from the main area to the farm by a short boat ride or by a small railway. The farm was great to get away from the crowds of peeps during peek times. What I did in this area to get wet was when the boat was clear of the small jetty I would take a run then jump into the lake. I would make shure that I would get out of the water before the next boat arrived.

Neptune’s Beach and Wet Wet Wet
This area is a mini water park for families with young children. This is only open during the summer school holidays. When it was busy I did sneek in to get a quick drenching.

Loggers Leap
Open 1989 Closed 2015
Ride Type Log Flume
This was the first ride of the day to aim for. If me was lucky you could stay on the ride for a second go before the Q lines got to big. The largest drop at the end was the best chance to get wet.

Depth Charge
Open 1991
Ride Type Water Slide
This is the first ride you get to when you pass the dome. Opened as the first four lane dingy waterslide in the UK. Best when the Q lines are not to big then you can go up then slide down as much as posible trying to get wet. Good ride if you want to race each other.

Thunder River / Rumba Rapids
Open 1987
Ride Type River rapids
This is another wet ride. Each year they would change something on the ride. Ride name, the boats or other bits of the ride. It is also a bit of luck how wet you get each time you go on the ride.

X No Way Out
Open 1996
Ride Type Steel Sit down
This rollercoaster was in the dark and went backwards. This was a dry ride but as it was inside the pyramid it was out of the wind and gives you a chance to warm up if you get too cold.

Pirates 4D
Open 2000
Ride Type 4D Cinema
As this was indoors and out of the wind it gives you a chance to warm up if you get too cold. If you have a seat in the right spot you will get a direct hit by one of the water jets at the end of the film.

Chessington World of Adventures
N51 21 018 W0 18 933

Dragon Falls
Open 1987
Ride Type Log Flume
The best chance to get wet is on the last drop.

Rameses Revenge
Open 1995 Closed 2019
Ride Type Top Spin
This was the world's first top spin ride to feature a row of water jets that would soak you when you were upside down. The ride operator can control the water jets so sometimes the water jets would miss you and you would stay dry. With a good crowd reaction on the ride the operator would put the water jets to full power and you would get your heads soaked. On the last ride of the day or when the Q line was not too long you would stay on the ride to get a second bonus ride sequence.

Prof Burp's Bubble Works
Open 1990
Ride Type water dark ride
This was a kids water ride that took riders on a tour of a highly animated fizzy pop factory. The best part of the ride was at the end when the boat went under a long arch of water jets. You were not alowed to stand up on the boat but could hold your hands out to get wet from the jets of water. Being indoors this is a good ride to warm up if you get a bit too cold.

Beanoland
Open 2000
Beanoland is a themed area. When the Q lines got to big on all the rides I would head over to the 2 fountains within this area.
The first fountain had buttons that you could press and soak someone looking at the fountain. The other fountain had jets of water coming out of the ground.

Forbidden Tomb / Tomb Blaster
Open 1987
Ride Type Dark Ride
In 2002 the ride was updaded and themed around destroying an ancient curse where riders shoot laser guns at targets for points which are displayed on the cart. This is a dry ride but being indoors this is a good ride to warm up if you get a bit too cold.

Oakwood
N51 46 639 W4 48 010

This was a once off visit in 2003.

Hydro
Open 2002
Ride Type Shoot the Chute
The same type of ride as Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park but had a steeper drop. When the boat gets to the bottom of the ramp you get a large wall of water drenching everyone in the boat and peeps standing on the viewing bridge. What I did not like was the very slow loading times and the very long Q line. I think they can only run 1 boat at a time. Only got 2 rides on this for the day.

Snake River Falls
Ride Type Water Slide
You have the choice of 3 different tubes and sit in a dingy as you whizz down the winding water slides. Had loads of goes trying out the different tubes.

Waterfall
Ride Type Water Slide
On this ride you sit on a tray thing then go down a steep slope skimming across the surface of the water. Normally you would not get that wet however what I found is if you angle your feet into the water you can create the same effect as Tidal Wave or Hydro and make the water go over you getting me solked. Got a good reaction from the peeps watching me. Had loads of goes going up and then getting solked at the bottom.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]