Page banner image

My own wackywet evolution

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RileyTheRat on February 05, 2022 at 18:33:28

Reading some of the posts recently have given me the idea to share my own wackywet evolution. I've always really liked swimming. My dad was a competitive swimmer in his younger days, my parents made sure I learned how to swim early on, lots of my friends had pools, our town had a nice pool that I could walk/bike to, and my parents encouraged me to swim as much as I wanted to because it was great exercise. So I was also quite comfortable being in as swimsuit, I never felt self-conscious or anything like that. And as I got to be a teenager, I was proud of my body and didn't mind going shirtless or anything like that.

One of the first wackywet things I remember when in school one day when we were watching a movie. I forget which movie, but there was a scene where some kids/teens were on a beach in a bad storm, and had to run into the water to rescue a boat or something. They all ran in wearing jeans, shoes, rain jackets, etc. I remember watching that and not quite understanding exactly what I was feeling, but knowing that it felt "interesting." Another time I was at a carnival and there was a dunk tank there, with some high school kids on the hot seat. One kid looked like he must have just come from church or a job or something because he was wearing khaki pants and a blue botton down shirt into the water. And I again didn't quite understand why, but I was very "interested" in watching this particular person get dunked, compared to the rest of the people there just in the usual swim trunks and maybe t-shirts.

Opportunity came knocking one day on a school field trip. We were doing an activity for science class where we'd wade into a small creek and collect a sample of the algae and bugs and stuff. The teacher explained that we'd wear big rubber boots and the water should only be ankle deep, so we shouldn't get wet, but we should still bring a change of pants and socks just in case. At the field trip it went pretty much like the teacher said. But then I realized, I had dry socks and jeans in my backpack, so what would be the harm be if a got a little wet? I waded over to a deeper part of the creek, and "accidentally" found a deep spot and icy cold water poured over the tops of my rubber boots, instantly soaking the bottoms of my jeans and my socks. It was freezing cold, but other than that it was a great sensation. And I said to myself, this isn't going to end here. Best part is I didn't even get in trouble. I told the teacher that I "accidentally" slipped into a deep spot, and he just said that it happens and that's why he told us to bring extra pants and socks. A quick trip to the bathroom to change and no harm was done. Another time when I was about the same age, I was out shopping with my mom and then we were going to one of my friend's house. My friend had a pool and of course we wanted to swim. My mom said I should run home and get my swimsuit, which wouldn't have been a big deal, I lived just a couple houses down from my friend. But before I knew it I asked my mom if I could just swim in my gym shorts, and she just said sure, whatever. So I went ahead and jumped in - even though it was just gym shorts and underwear, it was a VERY different feeling from a swimsuit,and I loved it. When I got home my mom told me to shower and change, and I wore my shorts into the shower. I stood there thinking about how I was feeling and again just thought "this isn't going to end here." Later I went out for a run with some of my friends on a real hot summer day. We probably pushed ourselves a bit too hard and made it back to my friend's house, and were gulping down water from the garden hose desperate to cool off. My friend said, "f it, I'm going in the pool," pulled off his shoes and socks and dove in. A split second later the rest of us did the exact same thing. And I was just in t-shirt, shorts and underwear, but I again knew I was desperate for more.

So later I wanted to up the ante. I waited for day that I'd have the house to myself for the whole day, then got to work. I dressed in a nice outfit - khaki dress pants, brown belt, white dress shirt and dark green sweater, black socks and brown leather shoes. I started by filling up the bathtub and eased myself in. It was an INCREDIBLE feeling, like I'd finally experienced what I'd been waiting for. I soaked in the tub for a while, then let the water out and switched to a shower. ALl together I probably spent at least an hour in the water, then got dried off, changed into my usual t-shirt and shorts, and put my wet clothes through the laundry. I had to take care with my shoes, I did not want my parents to discover that I'd worn them in the shower, so I hid them in the back of my closet and a couple times a day took them out air out. I kept up the same routine quite a bit when I was home alone. FUlly clothed showers, then do a load of laundry and my clothes went right back into my closet. My parents never knew!! Only thing I had to be careful about was shoes, since I quickly learned that the water could destroy those a bit too quick. We usually had a couple pairs of beat up old shoes lying around that we'd use for yard work and stuff, but I wanted to get wet far too often to go through that many pairs of shoes, so I ended up just in socks a fair amount of the time. Still fun though.

But I still wanted more! The bathtub was nice, but not enough. So I cooked up a plan. I was meeting up with some friends for a swim at one of their houses, so I got dressed nice. Dress pants and a polo (it was too hot to add a sweater) dress shoes and black socks. I told them I had a job interview that morning which I why I was dressed up. And, oops, I forgot my swimsuit, oh darn :-) My friends kindly offered to let me run home to change, but I quickly said, as naturally as I could, that maybe I'd jump in the pool wearing what I was wearing. My friends immediately challenged me to do it. I didn't feel nervous or anything, and strolled over to the edge of the pool prepared to jump in. And, shout out to the other poster here who was ordered to take off his shoes at the last minute, because my friend shouted that I couldn't wear my shoes in the pool since they'd damage the pool lining, so I quickly kicked them off, then dove right in! And it was an absolutely incredible feeling! My friends thought it was hilarious and I was having an absolutely awesome time.

More to come later if you're interested, got to go right now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]