Page banner image

Practice (aka Hot Tub, Sam and Robbie)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on November 27, 2021 at 05:36:14

My family headed out after work/school tonight for a small weekend trip to see my sister. We hadn't planned on going, but she called me earlier today and was lonely, so I said we would come. I've been close with my sister since her husband passed away several years ago. I mean, we were never "apart" in the sense that we never fought or anything, but I've had more of a sense to help her since she lost her husband, so we've been even closer than ever.

My sister (I'll call her Anna on here) is about 12 years older than me - she has two kids but they are grown. One lives in Australia and the other in Finland (!). With our parents at the other end of the continent, she really didn't have much else in terms of close family. She got especially lonely in the early and mid days of the pandemic, mostly because she couldn't see anyone, but I've tried to keep her in our family bubble as much as possible.

We made the 3 hour drive to her place and arrived, oh, maybe 2 hours ago now - and both, yes both of Sam and Robbie got 100% soaked already. Sam hasn't really been in the mood as much as Robbie, but he sure was today. Even though it's getting cold, Anna has this nice hot tub in her backyard in a semi-enclosed deck area (by semi-enclosed, I mean that it's open to the air around the edges, but has a roof and pillars around the side). The deck is by no means heated, but the hot tub is, of course, and the boys went in almost right away.

"Can we use Aunt Anna's hot tub, Dad?" asked Robbie.

"What do you mean, we?" I asked. "Sam, are you going in too?"

"You bet," Sam said. "Nothing like getting into a hot tub when it's cold outside."

"Alright, what are you wearing into it?" I said while smirking.

"Our clothes," said Sam.

"I know that, but what clothes?" I pushed, still smirking.

"What we're wearing right now," said Robbie, "what else?"

The boys had been wearing winter jackets (Robbie's was the black puffy sleeveless one, Sam's is royal blue and puffy but not sleeveless), gloves, and toques (like what they were wearing at the river earlier), but had obviously taken them off when we got inside. By this time, Robbie was in his skinny really faded blue jeans, a white long-sleeved shirt (the same one he was wearing at the lake), and white socks. He had his black Air Maxes, but had removed them inside. Sam was wearing dark blue jeans (don't know how to describe the fit - not skinny, and not baggy), and a black long-sleeved shirt with the name of our city on the front. He had with him a pair of white and red Air Forces.

"Go get all your stuff on, then go in!" I said.

Anna looked at me funny, and my wife snuffed her off. "Boys," said my wife. They both laughed.

For those wondering, no I didn't join them.

"Wow, really?" said Sam, as if he still doesn't believe that I allow this.

"Sure, how many times do you get to do that?" I asked.

"Sounds like a lot more are coming," said Robbie.

The boys ran off like they were running the 100-metre dash, and came back all dressed in their winter clothes.

"My, you boys should build a snowman too," said Aunt Anna. "You're dressed like it's minus 30."

"It's cold out," said Sam.

"Then why are you going in the hot tub like that? It's only gonna make you colder," she quipped.

"We won't feel cold in the water, Aunt Anna," said Robbie.

Aunt Anna just smiled. I went out on the deck with them, after I had got fully dressed too because of the cold, and turned the lights on. "Want the jets on, or just go in without first?" I asked.

"Off for now," said Robbie.

"Jets!" yelled Sam.

"Why, Robbie, you won't hear anything then!" said Robbie. "Half the fun of getting wet it hearing all your stuff fill up with water and squish and squelch everywhere."

"Ok, fine, but we can turn them on later. This is going to be so cool, wait until I tell Mike and Connor," said Sam.

Wow, I thought, Sam's into it fully now too.

We pulled the cover off to expose the steaming hot tub. Robbie didn't even wait and just went right in. "Oh, man, this feels f***ing incredible!" he said, kind of moaning as he went in the water. The bubbles came off his shoes, his jacket, and his gloves as he went further in.

"C'mon, Sam, don't chicken out now," said Robbie.

"I'm coming," said Sam, who had been deciding if he was going to cannonball in or just go in slowly like Robbie. "Move."

Sam took a few steps back, and cannonballed right into the hot tub, splashing water everywhere, including all over me.

"Careful, you don't want to wreck Aunt Anna's hot tub. It's not a pool," I said, a bit firmly.

Sam immediately stood up and admired himself. His jacket was completely shiny, his jeans looked almost black (and shiny), and his toque had partially fallen off. "Pfft, this feels so cool," he said.

The boys messed around in the hot tub for a bit, both eventually having taken their jackets, toques and gloves off since "it was too hot." I'll tell you, Robbie's white shirt looked good all transparent, and Sam's black one was completely shiny - looked awesome.

"Sam, why don't you pretend you're drowning. I need to practice for next week," said Robbie.

"Ok," said Sam.

So Sam pretended he was drowning, which caught my wife's and Anna's attention from inside, and Robbie "saved" him. They continued that for a bit.

Finally, after about 45 minutes, they wanted to go build a snowman.

"Fine, but you're gonna get cold really fast in those wet clothes," I said, warning them a bit.

"Who cares," said Robbie.

Both boys put all their stuff back on and went out front (yes, where the public could see - Anna lives on a busy street, and even though it was dark, it was pretty obvious they were soaked), and built a snowman. They even asked some guy passing by to take a picture of them beside it. Holy s***, they spoke to a member of the public while quite visibly wet. Robbie had come in and gotten his phone and gave it to the guy to take the picture (why couldn't they have asked one of us??????......) Anyway, when they were done, they came back around and went into the hot tub to warm up, before wanting to come back inside.

"Can you bring us towels?" asked Sam.

"Did you forget to bring towels out with you?" asked Aunt Anna.

"Yeah, uh, kinda," said Robbie.

Aunt Anna got them towels, and made them strip on the deck. They got down to just their underwear and came back in. "Where should we put the stuff? Downstairs?" asked Robbie.

"Trained them well, huh, Robert?" Anna said to me, smirking.

"Yup," I said.

"Just leave the stuff out there for now. I'll get it downstairs later. I hope you had fun. That's a great-looking snowman out front.

"Thanks, I'm gonna post the picture online soon," said Robbie.

"Great," said Aunt Anna.

The boys had a blast and are just now heading to bed. Their clothes are now inside, downstairs, and dripping all over the floor in the basement - we've had to use towels to make a track to ensure the water flows to the drain. I think I'm gonna discourage them from this tomorrow, though - supposed to get even colder. And they need to have dry winter clothes to go out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]