Page banner image

Re: Billy Has Two Moms

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on September 26, 2021 at 06:48:08

In Reply to: Re: Billy Has Two Moms posted by Love2GetUWet on September 25, 2021 at 23:38:50:

My oldest brother is gay. He just lost his partner of approximately 25 years a few weeks ago to cancer. I have two nieces, now adults with kids of their own, but the two girls were kids themselves when this relationship began. I believe the youngest was seven. Both "girls" are devastated by Larry's passing. They loved him and he loved them. He was a wonderful person. A person who just happened to be gay and a person who just happened to love my brother. Larry had tried the traditional route of a heterosexual marriage and has two sons, now grown. Larry and his ex wife have always had a great relationship, remained close friends, and Larry actually had custody of the boys while they were growing up. Everyone in our family loved Larry. He was warm, kind, gentle, humorous and his loss has left a hole in all our lives.

So having said that for the time being say nothing. "ASK ME NO QUESTIONS AND I WILL YOU NO LIES." If and when your son comments or asks why this kid has two moms and no dad just tell him the truth. There are all kinds of families out there. Some kids have two moms, some have two dads, some kids are adopted, some live in multiracial families. Some kids are being raised by grandparents because their mom and dad can't raise them because they are drug addicts, in prison or whatever. My youngest brother dropped his daughter off at my folks and basically left her with them for them to raise. They were already taking care of my brother who is permanently disabled from having a stroke at a young age. So just say there all kinds and types of families. The key thing is that this boy is being raised by two people who love him and love each other. He is surrounded by love. Many children of heterosexual couples are living in terrible homes where they are sexually and emotionally abused. Which is the better environment? I go with love every time.

So if you are a Christian ask yourself what you think Jesus would say if he was in your position. Welcome this boy into your house and let him play with your son. Chances are those two women might have already done some explaining to others, possibly even other kids who have come in contact with their son. They might have actually already handled the situation for you and you don't know it because they gave an answer that was satisfactory and acceptable to your son. You can be sure that there are others out there wondering the same things you are wondering. What if one of your children was gay and you had a grandchild living in a home being raised by a gay couple? What would you say to people who asked questions? Use this as an opportunity to teach tolerance. Love is love. Larry's two sons have always had a good relationship with my brother. The youngest is very concerned about my brother and what will happen to him now.

I have a great niece who is nine and she asks questions. I have never been married and have no children. My little niece is very concerned about me living alone and wants to know why I never married and why I don't have someone I live with. It was painful to try and answer her questions because I did love someone a long time ago and wanted to marry her, but she loved someone else and not me. I have always loved her and still do. I did try to develop other relationships but they didn't work out. I have never felt the same way about anyone else. Plus as I looked at friends relationships I noted that most were not truly happy. In the end I chose freedom over love. I have always been scared of getting hurt again but I have avoided a lot of emotional baggage that comes from a relationship. I sacrificed some things to gain others. It was my choice and I had to live with the consequences. My niece equates happiness with being loved (I agree) and as she told her mom she just wants me to be happy. The point is if a person finds love they should go for it. Love comes in different forms, different colors, different ages - but it's still love. My little niece was not at all concerned about Larry and my brother being gay. She accepted that easily and readily. As I said, she is more concerned about the fact I am alone and not "complete" as I don't have someone to love who loves me. Trust the kids, they know much more than we think they do.

Sorry for the length of this. As always I am verbose. Hope it helps in some way.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]