Page banner image

Dudes In Rain

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eaoghan on September 01, 2021 at 07:08:19

Grocery Store Dudes In The Rain

It's been raining light and steady most of the day. Tuesday is my day for the grocery store. I dressed in high top sneakers, khaki cargo shorts & stretchy polyester t-shirt that is enjoyable in the rain. My hope was that I might get caught in a burst of heavy rain. But the rain maintained its steady pace. I parked a bit out so my walk would be a bit longer. Even so, I was barely damp entering the store.
After paying for the food I started out to my car. Looking around I noticed that two of the young men who worked in the store were out gathering the buggys (trollys/shopping carts). They looked around 18-20 years old. It was obvious that they were not interested in rushing through their task. They were mostly standing in the corral arranging the buggys and talking.
I chose a path through the parking lot that would go by them. As I passed I said "Aren't you glad to have this cool rain instead of a blazing hot sun?" The response was uncertain. One of them said "yeah". Neither seemed interested in talking to a stranger. They were wearing their store aprons which covered much of their clothing. One dude was wearing mesh/knit sneakers; the other was wearing smooth black leather basketball sneakers. They showed signs of rain drops on the leather. In addition, the lower part of his pantleg was damp.
It dawned on me that the store provides ponchos for their employees. I had noted this on previous visits to the store. So these two had managed to avoid the ponchos.
I moved on to my car and slowly arranged the groceries in the trunk. I did buy some ice cream, so I did not want to dally too long. The two employees were taking their time as they corralled the buggys. I watched them meander past me to retrieve a couple of stray buggies. One of them was wearing light grey athletic/jogging pants. The fabric just above his shoes was now quite dark.
I wondered how to ask about the ponchos without sounding "accusatory".
Eventually the ice cream forced me to head home. The two rain dampened dudes were still meandering around the parking lot as I left.
I took my time unloading the groceries as the rain sprinkled down. I did not get fully soaked, but I did enjoy the rain. I think the two dudes corralling buggies enjoyed it, too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]